Conga Foods is committed to sourcing products and services in a sustainable and ethical manner. We believe that respect for human rights and moral integrity together with taking responsibility to protect our environment and ensure the sustainability of our people and planet are fundamental requirements of doing business. We understand that all of our actions impact the environment, from the emissions we generate to the waste caused by the packaging of our products and we are constantly working on initiatives to minimise such impact.
Our Environment & Sustainability Policy sets out our guiding principles, practices and approach to reducing our environmental impact and conducting our business in a way that is sustainable for our people and communities more broadly. Working together with our suppliers, we are focussing our efforts specifically on 10 of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals to make a real difference to the communities in which we live and work, targeting improvements in climate change, responsible consumption, reduced inequalities, good health & wellbeing, food waste and hunger.
Our commitments include:
- To fulfil all of our power needs with 100% renewable energy source by 2027 or earlier;
- To achieve 100% recyclable or reusable packaging, or packaging made from 100% recycled materials by 2027 or earlier;
- To achieve target of zero food waste to landfill caused by our operations by 2024 or earlier; and
- Only purchase from suppliers who have clearly articulated sustainability policies, programs and objectives by 2025 or earlier.
- To develop a real and achievable path to carbon neutrality. Our ambition is to achieve carbon-neutral Scope 1 & 2 operations by 2040, followed by carbon-neutral Scope 3 operations by no later than 2050.